Woodburning and multi-fuel stoves
1. With any new appliance there is a burning in period, this allows the paints to cure and any compounds used a chance to dry gradually. Please follow the manufacturer’s advice on starting a fire. The curing process of the paint can give off an odour and should be done with the windows open, this will prevent any irritation to your selves.
2. It is essential that the correct fuels are burnt on your appliance. Please avoid wet, painted and treated wood as this has an adverse effect on the performance and the life of the chimney and appliance. Misuse of fuels will jeopardise your warranty.
3. All chimneys must be swept and maintained on a regular basis by an approved chimney sweep. It is recommended that you have it swept once a year for coal and twice a year for wood or take advise from your chimney sweep. Please contact us if you wish us to provide this service for you.
4. A certificate is required from your chimney sweep as this demonstrates you have maintained your chimney as per the manufacturer’s instructions, without this certificate you could jeopardise your warranty.
5. Please ensure you register your warranty with the manufacturer, failure to do so could also jeopardise your warranty.
6. Fire rope seals, door glass and fire bricks are genuinely not covered by manufactures warranty. Some manufacturer’s do not cover grates and throat plates, others may vary.
7. Please ensure that CO detectors are frequently tested at least once a month and are located in the correct position.
8. It is not uncommon for fire cement on the flue pipe joints to crack and fall out. It is recommended you keep a small pot of fire cement to hand so these joints can be maintained as and when required.
Gas Fires and Stoves
1. With any new appliance there is a burning in period, this allows the paints to cure and any compounds used a chance to dry gradually. Please follow the manufacturers advice on using your fire. The curing process of the paint can give off an odour and should be done with the windows open, this will prevent any irritation to your selves.
2. Please ensure that the warranty is registered with the manufacturer, failure to do so could jeopardise your warranty.
3. It is recommended to get your appliance serviced at least once a year by a registered gas engineer, in order for warranty to be valid. Please contact us if you wish us to provide this service for you.
4. Ensure that you receive a certificate from your gas engineer, which would be required in an event of a warranty claim.
5. The glass, ceramics and coals are not covered by warranty.
6. If you have slide control or remote control and it stops working or omits a continuous beeping sound please change all the batteries first. This includes the hand set battery and the batteries inside the receiver which you will find behind the fret inside the appliance.
1. There are various solutions to protect limestone, marble and slate. Caution should be taken when doing so, as this can change the appearance of your fireplace in some cases.
2. If installed with an appliance please wait 48 hours before lighting, this will give the compounds used time to dry naturally.
The above information is for guideline purposes only, if in doubt please do not hesitate to contact us or refer to your user’s manual provided with the appliance.