What are we apart of ?
We aim to provide the most excelent service and being a part of certain associations helps to prove that we do. Please see below who these associations are and why its important to be apart of them.
Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey, appointed by the relevant Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register.
Gas Safe Register replaced CORGI as the gas registration body in Great Britain and Isle of Man on 1 April 2009 and Northern Ireland and Guernsey on 1 April 2010.
What does Gas Safe Register do?
The main focus of the Register is on improving and maintaining gas safety to the highest standards. We make sure all gas engineers on the Register, over 125,000, are qualified to work with gas.
We work to protect the public from unsafe gas work through;
- a dedicated national investigations team tracking down individuals working illegally
- regular inspections of Gas Safe registered engineers
- educating consumers and raising awareness of gas safety
- investigating reports of unsafe gas work
Gas Safe Register is here to help keep you and your family safe.
HETAS are the official body recognised by Government to approve biomass and solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services including the registration of competent installers and servicing businesses.
- PRODUCT APPROVAL – HETAS operates a government approved scheme for testing and approval of solid fuel and biomass appliances. The HETAS Guide is published annually and provides installers and specifiers with a useful list of approved appliances, chimneys and associated equipment.
- INSTALLER REGISTRATION – Registered installers are trained and approved to UKAS standards and can self certify that their work complies with the relevant building regulations. They have access to free Technical Handbooks, advice and updates, competitively priced insurance and equipment.
- MICROGENERATION CERTIFICATION SCHEME – The government approved Microgeneration Scheme (MCS) is designed to build consumer confidence in the growing renewables sector. HETAS runs both MCS installer and MCS appliance schemes covering biomass and solar thermal technologies.
- QUALITY ASSURED FUEL – The HETAS Quality Assured Fuel Scheme provides a recognised quality standard for wood and biomass fuel quality. With categories for logs, briquettes, chips and pellets, the scheme provides consumers with confidence in fuel quality and sustainability.
- APPROVED RETAILERS – The HETAS approved retailer scheme provides kudos for stove shops and showrooms, and aims to increase safety whilst promoting the reputation of good quality retailers. Approved Retailers are listed on the HETAS website.
- APPROVED CHIMNEY SWEEPS – Sweeps who are members of the National Association of Chimney Sweeps ( NACS), the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps and the Association of Professional and Independent Chimney Sweeps (APICS) are listed in the HETAS Guide and can use the HETAS Approved Chimney Sweep logo.
Buy with confidence
About the Buy With Confidence Scheme
In response to concerns about ‘rogue traders’ which are often highlighted in the media, a partnership of Local Authority Trading Standards Services have taken a ground-breaking step by putting together the Buy With Confidence Scheme. The scheme provides consumers with a list of local businesses which have given their commitment to trading fairly. Every business listed has undergone a series of detailed checks before being approved as a member of the scheme.